We are The Nurse Coach Collective, and we can help you become a holistic nurse. Before we explain how you can get into holistic nursing, you’ll want to know what it is, the benefits of this career and what the pay potential is. Read on to learn more, and then you can take the first step towards becoming a holistic nurse.
What Is Holistic Nursing?
Holistic nursing is all about helping patients heal from within. As a holistic nurse, you’ll explore the various needs of each patient. These needs are physical, social, spiritual and mental. The goal is to help patients take control of their wellbeing by taking a holistic approach to their treatment program.
Alternative forms of medicine are typically used within this type of nursing. However, a nurse may provide holistic treatments alongside traditional medicine. The exact approach a nurse will take depends on the patient and the condition.
Holistic Nurse Duties & Responsibilities
The exact duties and responsibilities of a holistic nurse will depend on several factors, but generally speaking, these types of nurses focus on patients’ emotional, spiritual and mental state. They evaluate all of those areas before deciding what type of treatment to provide. With that said a few examples of what a holistic nurse can do include:
- Help patients deal with their stress via stress management techniques
- Provide acupuncture to ease patients’ stress or symptoms associated with their condition
- Provide aromatherapy
- In some cases may perform balneotherapy or hypnosis
- Perform massages
- Recommend good or specific dietary habits for patients to follow
Those are a handful of examples of what a nurse does. In general, no two days are alike. However, all holistic nurses have one goal in common, and that is to provide the best care possible to each and every patient.
The Benefits Of A Holistic Nursing Career
The key benefits of a holistic nursing career are as followed:
- Fulfillment – The best thing about being a holistic nurse is the fulfillment you’ll get when providing treatment to your patients. You’ll truly help people on a personal level because you’ll be focusing on helping each patient as an individual, and not just another patient making their way through the hospital. In turn, your patients will receive personalized and compassionate care, which will make you feel more fulfilled.
- Specialized Skill – Traditional nurses have specialized skills, but holistic nurses typically have the skills of traditional nurses, as well as additional skills. You will enjoy having a skill that is in high demand. Your knowledge and skills will truly help patients.
- Recession Proof – Another benefit of this career is recession proof. Nurses will always be needed, and this includes holistic nurses. You will always have employable skills.
Those are the key benefits of entering this type of career. Let’s not forget to mention you could open your own business. Even if you don’t, your employment opportunities will be virtually limitless.
How To Get Into Holistic Nursing
The best way to become a holistic nurse is by enrolling in a program, such as the one we offer. Our course is extensive and will put you on track to take your career to the next level. Here are a few things to know about our program:
- What Is The Program – The program is an online course that our students can finish in seven months. Our program will provide you with access to a dedicated instructor and live support calls. Furthermore, you’ll be part of a community of holistic nurses, and you’ll be a step closer to becoming a Board Certified Nurse Coach.
- How Does It Work – The way our program works is straightforward and simple. You’ll complete the modules we provide you, watch the videos that are included, and then complete the practicum, which is supervised. If you have any questions at any point in time, then feel free to take advantage of the live support calls.
- When Does It Start – Our courses start at various times of the year. You will likely find a date that is most convenient for you. Also, it’s worth noting that once you enroll in our course, you will have lifetime access to it.
Those are the key things to know about our program. If you have any questions at all, then give us a call or contact us via email. We’ll be more than happy to answer any questions you have about our program.
How much you’ll make in holistic nursing does depend on many factors, but generally speaking, you’ll have more income opportunities because you’ll be fully qualified as a holistic nurse. You might also want to explore setting up your own practice, which means you’ll have unlimited income opportunities. The bottom line is you can earn very good money providing holistic care to your patients.
Are you ready for an exciting career in holistic nursing? If so, the first step is to contact The Nurse Coach Collective to request more information. By enrolling in our program, you’ll learn everything you need to become a qualified holistic nurse. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you take your career to the next level.