Like any small business owner, chiropractors are not void of scams that go around. From insurance scams to social security administration scams, we see it all. And because we seek to provide support for other chiropractors in the industry, there’s one we want to warn about today: Global Business Leaders Mag.
What is Global Business Leaders Mag?
Global Business Leader Mag is a publication that chiropractors are being targeted by to pay for advertising. The problem is, this isn’t an actual magazine. It’s a scam created by someone who is looking to steal your money.
The magazine claims to have a circulation of over 20,000 readers, but when you look into it further, you’ll find that this number is highly inflated. In reality, the magazine doesn’t have any subscribers and doesn’t have much website traffic. So why would anyone fall for this scam? Probably because it looks professional and many chiropractors may not know any better.
If you’re approached by someone claiming to be from Global Business Leaders Mag and they want you to pay for advertising, don’t do it!
Red Flags About Global Business Leaders Mag
As with any scam, there are a number of red flags that stand out about Global Business Leaders Magazine’s scam.
- The company is not registered with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- There is no contact information listed on the website.
- The website contains numerous spelling and grammatical errors.
- The magazine claims to be based out of Atlanta, but it’s really from India; if you try to call the magazine, you’re met with a foreign voice that is definitely not in Atlanta
- The magazine claims to do market research about your business, but its research is incredibly vague and not specific to chiropractic care
- The company’s social media profiles are filled with fake users and information
Should You Advertise with Global Business Leaders Magazine?
In short, no. We advise against advertising with this company for a number of reasons.
- It’s a scam – You’re likely to lose money and not get anything in return
- It’s not a reputable magazine – Any exposure you do get will be from a publication that isn’t well-respected
- You don’t know who you’re dealing with – There’s no way to contact the company if there are problems
- It’s not worth the risk – There are plenty of other, legitimate magazines and publications out there that would be happy to take your money in exchange for advertising. Why take the chance with this one?
If you’re approached by someone claiming to be from Global Business Leaders Mag and they want you to pay for advertising, send the email to your spam folder.
Other Options for Advertising
There’s no shortage of legitimate forms of advertising your chiropractic office. Here are some other options to explore:
- Social media – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are all great (and free!) ways to get the word out about your chiropractic practice. You can also boost posts or run ads on social media to reach a wider audience.
- Email marketing – Email newsletters are a great way to stay in touch with your existing patients and reach new ones. You can use a service like MailChimp or Constant Contact to create and send emails.
- Word of mouth – Don’t forget the power of word of mouth! Ask your satisfied patients to tell their friends and family about your practice.
These are just a few ideas – there are endless possibilities when it comes to advertising your chiropractic office.